Monday, July 28, 2014

Day 5: Notifications (du da da!)

Day 5: Notifications, this is exciting. Again, the Developer Android Guide is unbeatable, it's amazing and incredibly condense. I followed this with ease and simply called for the notification in the method I created yesterday, where I checked if the chronometer's time was the same as the specified time to stop. 

Having finished so quickly, I decided to take a stab at the overflow menu. The easiest option was to create an About page which details why taking breaks are important, and who it was created by. Glancing through the code in MainActivity, the method onOptionsItemSelected() took care of this. I created a new class that would open when the option is pressed. I simply created two textViews, one larger one for the explanation, and one smaller one for Author. Here's a screenshot:
Looking pretty good eh?

Thoughts: Well, all the major features for the basic app are complete. It only five days but they were long, and tiring. What's next? Time to think of more features to add!

No comments:

Post a Comment